Re: [gnomemm] nautilus property page

Am Di, 2003-08-12 um 07.49 schrieb Murray Cumming Comneon com:
> However, I will be really interested in your results.
I will notify you :-). I think that a complete gnome binding for c++
will help to get more applications. I personally don't like the c code,
so i try to code it in c++.

> Well, I think that that, and BonoboPropertyBag itself
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libbonobo/libbonobo-bonobo-property-b
> ag.html
> is C sugar.
> Maybe, like similar things in bonobo, it wraps a CORBA object. It might be a
> bit like BonoboUI::Container, which we wrap already.

In theory it is clear to me - There must be a call-back function (with
the help of sigc++) which notifies a listener that a property has
changed.

> I would really like you to investigate, and try to wrap it if necessary.

I would like to code a patch but I have some problems to understand the
generation process:
     1. I have read the docs about gtkmmproc in the gtkmm source. But if
        did not found anything about the scheme stuff in this docs (only
        the *.ccg and *.h stuff). I don't know where to begin.
     2. I did not found the class BonoboUI::Container only a class
        UIContainer - is this what you mean?
     3. There was a compilation problem in the *.tar.gz from
        source-forge and also in the cvs (If you like I can post the
        error messages) - the gtkmm stuff compiles well.

These are many problems to start but I will try it *g*.

Greetings

René Drießel
--
Adresse: Bahnhofstraße 19b - 98693 Ilmenau
Internet: http://www.driessel.de