Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound and Video Issues. Multiple ekiga instances

Hi,

Le lundi 29 mai 2006 à 15:35 +0100, Geoff a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Removing all the old /etc/pwlib entries and reinstalling managed to
> get ekiga running again.  I now have two separate problems, one
> relating to sound and the other to video.  Finally I have a third
> issue that I would like to see if others experience.
>
> I have reviewed the FAQ and searched the mail list but there is
> nothing I can find to help.
>

> SOUND
> I can run the 500 ekiga net test fine.  (I can also run 900, 901, 902
> and 904 voiptalk org fine as well)
> I can call a land line or mobile (via a voiptalk account) and can hear
> sound both ways fine.
> However, whenever my buisness partner and I try to talk ekiga to
> ekiga, I cannot hear him.  He can hear me fine.  Are there any ports I
> need to open on my router?  I assume NAT would overcome this need?

If 500 ekiga net is working correctly, the problem is on his side.

> VIDEO
> I cannot get my video to run under ekiga.
>
> Running lsusb gives the following;
>
> samson:~ # lsusb
> Bus 005 Device 007: ID 046d:c50a Logitech, Inc.
> Bus 005 Device 006: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS E398 GSM Phone
> Bus 005 Device 005: ID 0ea0:2118 Ours Technology, Inc.
> Bus 005 Device 004: ID 055d:9000 Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. AnyCam
> [pwc]
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0409:0059 NEC Corp. HighSpeed Hub
> Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp.
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> samson:~ #
>
> So the camera is recognised.  Also probing the hardware shows that it
> is recognised and that the drivers are correct (I have installed the
> PWC module config drivers).  However,
>

> 1    When I select V4L it recognises my Samsung MPC-C10 but no matter
> which format I try it does not show a picture.  It just shows a grey
> screen.

Look in the archives of this mailing list, there are several mails
related to that and giving tricks to work around that problem.

> 2    When I select V4L2 I get this message
>
> ***********
> Error while opening video device /dev/video0
>
> A moving logo will be transmitted during calls. Notice that you can
> always transmit a given image or the moving logo by choosing "Picture"
> as video plugin and "MovingLogo" or "StaticPicture" as device.
>
> There was an error while opening the device. Please check your
> permissions and make sure that the appropriate driver is loaded.
> **********
>
> Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?
>

> MULTIPLE INSTANCES
> I occasionally get a problem that ekiga will not hang up after a call.
> When this happens, system monitor shows two instances of ekiga running
> and when I stop one, they both shut and I have to restart ekiga.  If I
> run system monitor alongside ekiga, I can see that ekiga opens a
> second and sometimes a third instance to make the call then shuts them
> down to a single instance.  If I rush my next call, I "trap" the
> instances so they cannot shut (no idea why).
>
> Do others face this?  Can the code not prevent a new call being made
> until the last is finished (hold it in a buffer?).  Or is this a setup
> problem that I have not managed properly?

You can not do a call until the other one is properly hangup.