Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Warning - Read the First couple of Paragraph Before you Decide if You want To read The rest

Hi George and all the others,

>From my point of view, the main problem still is that hardware vendors
do not really support Linux. If they did, they would provide the drivers
themselves.

Now, from the Ekiga point of view, I agree that our reports are in
general related to 3 types of problems :
1) NAT issues, we are doing our best to circumvent the problem
2) ALSA issues. ALSA is still very complex to setup and the latest
release has a critical bug that crashes Ekiga. It doesn't necessarily
crashes other software, simply because Ekiga is not using the CD quality
sample rate to play and record from the device. The complexity of the
setups should be handled by the various distributions out there.
3) Webcam issues. Some drivers are of very good quality, some others
not. Again we could blame hardware vendors as well as Linux
distributions.