Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ekiga: another sound issue

Le Fri, 26 May 2006 18:44:46 +0200
The Peach <smartart tiscali it> a écrit :

> I've already took a look at that page. More: the .asoundrc suggested is
> getting me an even worse audio output! I should remind that the sound
> card is an intel-hda

Hum...

This asoundrc is provided by ALSA for a standard configuration I think. The problem may be with some values in it. In my own configuration other values in the slave part give better results. You may try them/play with them (2 times in the file ; for dmix and dsnooper):
        slave {
                period_size 1024
                buffer_size 4096
                rate 48000
        }
It's difficult to give right values as they are soundcard dependant.

This page from ALSA maybe useful to check your setup :
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Intel&card=ICH+southbridge+HD-audio+and+modem.&chip=ICH6%2C+ICH6M%2C+ICH7%2C+ESB2&module=hda-intel

Regards,
Yannick