Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Security check failed

Thanks Damien for your recommendation to register both Ekiga.NET and
Diamondcard, and make Ekiga.NET the default.

I have upgraded to the latest CVS version, and am able to successfully
run the echo test, and have for the first time successfully called a
local number and heard that number ring. The next step is to make a
call, wish me luck.

Registration on startup is a little flaky. The first time I started
Ekiga on the current CVS version, Ekiga.NET did not register. The time
before that with the prior CVS version, neither Ekiga.NET or Diamondcard
registered on startup. I fixed this by going into Accounts and
deselecting and reselecting the accounts.

My present version of Ekiga is 2.0.1-20060521-01. Giving consideration
to the initial reasons for your recommendation to switch over to using
the CVS version of Ekiga, can you give any indication of when it may be
safe for me to revert to the Ubuntu Dapper version? I have the latest
Dapper version installed, and Ekiga still crashes on startup. Any idea
of when Dapper will be fixed?

May I suggest that you consider adding your recommendation to
similtaneously register Ekiga.NET and Diamondcard with Ekiga.NET the
default, to the "PC-to-Phone Account" page under the "Tools" menu.

To me at least, this is key information, that is not obvious to a
novice.