[GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problems

Hello,
I am using Ekiga for few months now, and I really like it. But there is one problem: sometimes my microphone stops working in ekiga. It seems to be a random act, I cannot tell you why and when. My phone partner just hears some scary noises for few seconds and then even the indicator for sound input in ekiga doesnt move anymore. It just depends on luck if my phonecall will work well or not... I use alsa and my via onboard soundcard, which really works well with any other application.
I use the PCMA codec in ekiga but also tried it with some other ones.
To find a solution for my problem I downloaded the cvs version of ekiga in order to get some error messages or debug info, but I do not know how to receive them. How do I enable debug output for ekiga?
Thanks
Caglar