RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] Select custom alsa pcm device?

> Le vendredi 12 mai 2006 à 22:32 +0800, Stefan Brüns a écrit :
> > Any comments?
> >

> A plugin that uses ini files can not go into the CVS, there are also
> other problems, I will comment on them later.

As I have written in the previous mail, this is preliminary code. The ini
file is only for adding custom devices _without_ changing the api.

As soon as the PSoundChannel API has a method to make adding of custom
device names possible, the ini file can go away. You just have to make the
"AddPcmDefinition(PString device, PSoundChannel::Direction)" a public method
of PSoundChannel (and maybe give it a different name, as the name is
somewhat alsa centric), and call this method from Ekiga. After that erase
the 9 lines adding the definitions via the ini file from the plugin code.

In any case you need some way to supply the device names/pcm definitions to
the plugin, because these can't be autodetected.

Lurchi