Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Only part of the real picture is displayed (Logitech QuickCam f. Noteb.)

Le dimanche 14 mai 2006 à 09:48 +0200, Timm Florian Gloger a écrit :
> Hi List,
> I bought a Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks last week to start
> videophoning with ekiga. Unfortunatly only part of the real picture is
> displayed.
> According to the FAQ, this is my report.
> The QuickCam's bridge is a zc030x and i use the spca5xx drivers from
> Michel Xhaard. Camorama works properly with this driver, even able to
> switch capture size.

When Ekiga wants to transmit video, it asks to the driver if it supports
QCIF size (176x144). QCIF size is what is defined in the H.323 standard
as "must have" in terms of video support, which ensures compatibility
with other endpoints.

If the driver reports than 176x144 is not supported, then Ekiga tries
capturing pictures with a bigger size that is supported by the driver
(for example CIF, ie 352x288), then scales down the picture to 176x144.

However, the SPCA5XX driver reports that it supports 176x144 (which is
not really true) and instead of sending to user applications a scaled
down version of a bigger image, it sends a cropped picture.

The good fix would be that the spca5xx driver would report that it
doesn't support 176x144, instead of reporting it does, and cropping
bigger pictures.

So it is unfortunately not something we can "fix" on our side.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net