Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with ekiga.

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:31:50PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> apt-cache policy libasound2
> libasound2:
>   Installé : 1.0.11-3
>
> No problem here.
>
> I would guess that it automatically uses DMIX and DMIX is broken by
> default when it comes to recording/playing at the same time.

What do you mean with "DMIX is broken"? That DMIX fails to comply with
it's own specification?

> The link given by Yannick should fix this.

I have tried it and it doesn't fix for me. The sound is still choppy
with Ekiga, ALSA and DMIX. mplayer, xmms, Skype and xmp work and mix
fine. I can phone with Skype running through aoss and dmix and alsa and
at the same time listen to music from XMMS. Without any disturbances in
the sound.

CL<