Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] MacOS X version of Ekiga?

OK thanks, I'll give that a try :-)

On 5/1/06, Alan L Tyree <typhoon aanet com au> wrote:
On Mon, 1 May 2006 18:57:01 -0700
"Hex Star" <hexstar gmail com> wrote:

> Ah thanks, I actually have tried both those apps before but was
> unable to successfully call a friend with either...is there a
> firewall port/ports I need to open and if so what are they? Also how
> do I have them call me with those apps? Should they be able to just
> do it via my IP? Thanks! :-)

If they can key in sip: yourekiganame.ekiga.com then they just do it
that way. If they have a device that only permits numerical dialling,
then look at http://www.sipbroker.com/

With SJphone, make sure that you enable STUN. If that doesn't work,
then see the ekiga faq about getting through nasty routers.

To register SJphone with Ekiga, make an Ekiga profile:

Proxy domain: ekiga.net: 5060
User domain: ekiga.net

Use any STUN server: stun.ekiga.net works.

HTH,
Alan