Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Compatible VoIP phones list ?

Eric De Vito a écrit :

Hello, do you know where I could find such a list ? I searched on ekiga.org but
did not find anything. I would like to change my home phones and would like to
buy new phones, kind of hybrids, which may be able to use standard phone line
as well as VoIP. I found this
http://www.argolis.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66
and this
http://gigaset.siemens.com/shc/0,1935,fr_fr_0_122378_rArNrNrNrN,00.html

The last one for ex. is said that it is necessary to have a voIP contract to
work with.

Where it's said? They say you can add a VoIP line to your analogic one and you can have 2 simultaneous calls if you have a second headset. For the first one, seems to be only for Skype for the VoIP part.

Does that mean that it is incompatible with ekiga (I mean it may be
possible to use ekiga.net SIP server, am I right?) ?
If the phone are SIP or H323 compatible, should be no problem.

I would suggest you better to go with an ATA box like Sipura 3000. Depends also on how much lines you have, how much headsets you need, how much simultaneous calls you need, analogic or ISDN,...
--
Daniel