[GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga - SLackware - 10.1 - i386 - HOWTO

Ekiga - SLackware - 10.1 - i386 - HOWTO
---------------------------------------

- I use Evolution, so there was a lot of Gnome packages installed on my
Slack, so it is not a regular system related to Gnome.

- My suggestion about Gnome+Slack is: http://gware.org/

- I use checkinstall to create the .tgz packages.

BEWARE   *   BEWARE   BEWARE   *   BEWARE   BEWARE   *   BEWARE

+-> This is not a baby-steps HOWTO. Some knowledge about how to compile
and install stuff is needed.

+-> I am not responsible for any mess you would do to you system...

BEWARE   *   BEWARE   BEWARE   *   BEWARE   BEWARE   *   BEWARE

More or less the steps i did today to get Ekiga running:

0) Upgrade your gnome-doc-utils
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.3/gnome-doc-utils-0.3.3.tar.bz2
   Suggestion:
	./configure --prefix=/usr

1) Compile and install pwlib-1.10.0
   Suggestion:
	./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-opal --enable-plugins

2) Install Pyrex
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/

3) Upgrade your DBus
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-0.61.tar.gz
   Suggestion:
	./configure --prefix=/usr

4) Compile and install opal-2.2.1
   Hint:
	ln -s /usr/lib/qt-3.3.3/lib/qt-mt.pc

   Suggestion:
	./configure --prefix=/usr

5) Compile and install libdaemon svn
   Hint: Only svn can download the sources, there is no .tar.gz to get

   Suggestion:
	./autogen

	./configure --prefix=/usr

6) Compile and install Avahi svn
   Hint: I got the Avahi from today (03/21/2006) snv

   Suggestion:
        ./autogen

	./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-mono --disable-monodoc \
          --disable-qt4 --disable-doxygen-doc --disable-doxygen-dot \
          --disable-manpages

7) Compile and install Ekiga
   Suggestion:
	./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-dbus

8) Before run Ekiga as a user, do as root:

	ekiga-config-tool --install-schemas
	ekiga-config-tool --fix-permissions

9) Run Ekiga as user and follow the wizard to configure your account.

Good luck.