Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] bandwidth and h323 capablities negotiation.

Hi Philippe!

Le vendredi 17 mars 2006 à 13:12 +0100, Philippe Van Hecke a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> First thanks to dev for this fabulos software. I installed it on gentoo with
> amd64 without any problems.
>
> I made some tests and some modifications on preference.cpp file to put
> bandwidth limit above 100k. Making this  i conclude that Video capability
> send on the setup  logical channels is always 85k
>
> looking deeper where come from this value i found that this value was
> hardcoded in the h261.h file of the opal codec include directory.
>
> It seem so that opal don't take care of the target bit rate provided by ekiga.
> when ekiga create the H261 media in manager.cpp file.
>
> I would like to know if my analyses is correct and how this problem can be
> solved and if bug report need to be filled with this.

It could be a bug. Please report it to the OPAL bugtracker at
openh323.sourceforge.net.

Craig is implementing "video codecs plugins", so it might be interesting
for him to fix that while doing it.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net