[GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga behind non-configurable symmetric NAT? - a FAQ

Hi,

Are there any possibilities to use Ekiga behind a symmetric NAT that is not
configurable? I think the FAQ falsibly assumes that people "using" NATs have
chosen to do so.

For example, my home Internet connection goes through the same NAT than others'
connections who live in the same block of flats. The NAT resides somewhere in
the basement, is not configurable and we have been told it will not be
configured to allow anything it does not currently. STUN doesn't help at all
apparently with symmetric NAT, so is the conclusion basically that I can't use
Ekiga here until Ekiga starts supporting stuff like TURN/ICE? Are there any
concrete plans of introducing more NAT-travelsal support in Ekiga?

Thanks for Ekiga anyway, I hope I can use it in the future. It used to work
before but now it seems that with the ISP change (also something I cannot
affect) the NAT became even more restricted. And I think enough people are
affected by this so that somehow this issue should be handled in the FAQ.

-Timo