[GnomeMeeting-list] gizmo and ekiga

I am running Gizmo on a windows box, and would like to be able to
communicate with my friends on Ekiga. I've found, after many hours,
enough information to solve the problem of my friends calling me -
they can call sip:1747<my gizmo number>@proxy01.sipphone.com, and all
is well.

However, it seems impossible to call them, because Gizmo requires that
you call contacts on other SIP networks via a SIP number. I've tried
calling sip:username ekiga net, but this doesn't seem to work, so I
need to find my friend's individual SIP numbers.

Unfortunately, Ekiga doesn't seem to provide a SIP number to a
registered user - if it does, we can't find it. Not in the config
files, or the --debug=6 output. So it seems I can't call my friends on
Ekiga because of this.

Could anyone tell me where I can find this magical SIP number, if it
exists? Or is a SIP number something which isn't always assigned, and
in this case Gizmo is just giving it's 'customers' free phone-numbers
when they sign up?

Any help on this, or if anyone knows where this has been achieved
before (I've seen reports of people on the net using gizmo and ekiga
together, but they never explain how they've done it), it would be
greatly appreciated, I'm in a real bind =(

-ben