Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Conference Calls?

Le jeudi 22 juin 2006 à 11:56 +0100, Geoff Jankowski a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> I was surprised to learn that 501 is a conference hall.  I have looked
> over ekiga.org and can find no detail of it there.  However if there
> is information about it online, could you please direct me to it?

There is none yet.

> The only think missing in ekiga (not a complaint, just a comment) is
> the ability to manage a conference call to multiple users with
> multiple video outputs.  Is there any intention to build this into
> future versions?

Not at the moment. That would require a public host, doing that on the
client side is not feasible with decent quality.

> In the meantime, the conference facility is an option that works well
> although security is an issue as it is impossible to tell who is in
> the call when it is accessed and anyone can join in without the
> existing participants knowing.
>
> I would like to make sure I use the facility properly so wondered if
> there are any guidelines that have to be followed.  For example,
>
> What restrictions are there on using the conference call rooms?

None.

> is 501 for any ekiga user to enter and join in to?  What is it
> generally used for?

Yes.

> If I want to use one for a confidential discussion, I can enter room
> xxxx but is there a way I can ensure only the people I want in the
> conference get access?

Not with Ekiga.net currently.

> Can the facility be set so that participants are made aware of someone
> joining?

Yes, in the future.

> How can I tell what room numbers are currently being used so I can
> select on that is not?

You can't.

> Again, if these questions are answered somewhere I cannot find them,
> please let me know to save you time responding here.

All this will evolve in the future, but I have no time at the moment,
and I won't have time before a few months to upgrade that. Sorry...