[GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting ekiga.net problem

On Friday 09 June 2006 21:30, Julien PUYDT wrote:
> Dave S a écrit :
> >>
> >> ILS is dead. Try to use ekiga.net
> >>
> >> Snark on #ekiga
> >
> > Ahh I got a 'registered' :)
>
> ILS is *_DEAD_*.
>
> Get your friend to either use the alpha ekiga port to win32 or windows
> messenger (which is not msn messenger).
>
> Once registered, you can check your configuration by calling
> sip:500 ekiga net
>
> Snark on #ekiga

OK I now have ekiga running, registering and I can see everyone :) All is good
from my end,

But ...

I am having trouble with my XP friend in Australia. He used to log into
ils..... and we linked from there, no problem.

We have tried ekiga.net, ldap.ekiga.net but it appears that netmeeting will
not log on and give a list of users.

Am I right in thinking that ekiga.net is good for SIp & h323 so in theory he
should be able to log on ?

Dave

PS Unfortunately running ekiga.net for windows in Australia is a no go :(