Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Basic Setup Questions

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 23:13:16 -0400
"Todd Deshane" <deshantm gmail com> wrote:

> register my account within Ekiga.  I go to Edit --> Accounts. Then
> click add
>
> What should I fill in for:
>
> Account Name?
>
> Registar?
>
> User?
>
> Anything else i need to know to get this working?  Sorry for the
> simple questions, but i can't seem to find anything on the ekiga page
> or on google or the mailing list archives.

You need a VoIP provider account. The ekiga.NET account is an exampkle
for that (if it's not in the accounts-window, restart the config druid
and let it add the account).

Which specific configuration a VoIP provider has (which domain-names
for example) is of course uniqe to that provider.
You should get this information from that VoIP provider (once you signed
up). Again, I refer to the ekiga.NET service (the default config from
the druid). You don't need a full-featured (and maybe expensive) SIP
account just to "chat" with your friends over the Internet.

Jan

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.