Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 500 ekiga net comes back all garbled

>> My connection is good (it's 5Mb/s DSL, and indeed the viedo loopback looks
>> OK and looks better at 32KB/s than at 8KB/s), so I'm at a loss.
>>
>> I'm using the ekiga package from Debian on an amd64 using a 686 kernel, with
>> plenty of resources.
>> Any idea what might be going on?
>>

> Go through the druid again and select ISDN as your connection and try the
> echo test again. If you can't get to work with lower bandwidth codecs it
> won't work with faster ones. I know you've got a 5Mbps connection but the
> actual bandwidth in practice may vary...

I know the actual bandwidth is not 5Mb/s, but as mentioned, the video
quality significantly improved when I bumped the max bandwidth from 8KB/s to
16KB/s and then 32KB/s, so it seems that I do get more than 16KB/s (aka
128Kb/s) of actual bandwidth between the two machines.  That should be
plenty for the 64Kb/s of PCMA (even after eating up 8KB/s for video), right?
Unless the video and the audio payload follow different routes?

        Stefan