Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Registration timeout setting

Le dimanche 22 janvier 2006 à 10:24 -0500, Allan a écrit :
> As a matter of curiosity, could someone explain to me why virtually all VOIP
> softphones I have tested have a default registration timeout setting of 3600.
> If I'm not mistaken that number is in seconds i.e. corresponds to one hour.
>
> Doesn't such a setting defeat the whole purpose of VOIP?  It's like having a
> telephone that only works for one hour at a time unless you happen to think
> of resetting it again.

Well, that breaks only if your IP address changes during that hour.
Otherwise, there is no reason to reregister again before that time.

(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net