Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Nat traversal

Le dimanche 22 janvier 2006 à 10:19 -0500, Allan a écrit :

> Damien,
>
> I'm more confused than ever.  As I said in an earlier message FreeWorldDialup
> (FWD) provides a callme feature on its website which allows me to place a
> call from FWD to my home machine.  My setup is as follows: I am behind a
> wireless modem/router/firewall where I have configured the firewall to
> forward the recommended ports to my machine's local address.  I fired up the
> druid which reported that I am behind a symmetric NAT.
>
> Test 1.  I edited my NAT Traversal Method (NTM) setting and set it to none.
> FWD successfully placed a call to my machine.
>
> Test 2.  I set the NTM to Stun.  Ekiga tested my NAT and accepted STUN as an
> appropriate method.  FWD placed a call to my machine which was answered but
> with no audio.  When I changed the stun server to FWD's the call was
> successfully completed.
>
> Test 3. I set the NTZM to IP translation.  Once again FWD successfully placed
> the call.
>
> In view of all of the above, I don't understand your last comment about
> symmetric NAT.  It seems to me that the configuration druid and the manual
> setting of the NTM do not coincide i.e. that the druid is giving the wrong
> response leading me to believe that Ekiga will not work whereas in fact it
> seems to.
>
> I am equally puzzled by a statement you made in response to another person.
> Here is your statement:
>
> "One unique STUN server is enough for all accounts. Using several STUN servers
> doesn't really make sense.
>
> You can use several accounts, that works."
>
> My experience shows that to receive calls from FWD I must use their STUN
> server.  Could you please clarify.

Does their STUN server report something else than "Symmetric NAT" in the
general history while stun.ekiga.net reports "Symmetric NAT" ?
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net