Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Increasing frame rate

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le mardi 10 janvier 2006 à 19:01 -0500, Sanjay Darisi a écrit :
Hello,

I've gnomemeeting 1.2 compiled from source (with H.263 codec support). I have video coming from my Hauppauge WinTV Go-Plus capture card. The video is kinda choppy during a call. The video received at the other end is not at all smooth. So, I've edited the transmitted frames and maximum bandwidth keys in gconf-editor to 30 and 300 respectively. Even then its the same.

How can I have smooth 30 fps video at good quality 'cos I'm tranmistting within LAN ? Is there any parameter that I can change in the source code that will help me get smooth video?

Try to change the code directly in endpoint.cpp. I'm not sure about
bandwidth limitations/quality/framerate with H.263.
I've changed the bitrate parameter to 1500 and tr_fps to 30 in

GMH323EndPoint::OpenVideoChannel (H323Connection & connection,
                                 BOOL is_encoding,
                                 H323VideoCodec & codec)

in endpoint.cpp. This mean max bitrate of 1500 * 8 * 1024 ~= 10mbps and 30 fps

Still its the same. Video is all choppy. Can't we get smooth video in gnomemeeting using any codec. I've tried with H.261 and its worse. Is it possible to get a smooth video with decent VGA quality in gnomemeeting?

TIA,
Sanjay.

---
http://www.techiesabode.com/