Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting + ATI Wonder pro TV Capture card

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 16:58 schrieb Sanjay Darisi:
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> >Le vendredi 06 janvier 2006 à 14:05 -0500, Sanjay Darisi a écrit :
> >>I've got past this point and compiled pwlib successfully by adding
> >>#include <linux/types.h> in linux/videodev2.h . But, still its the same.
> >>I don't see any debug statements when I execute 'gnomemeeting -d 4' nor
> >>video from my card. Is there anything else I'm missing here????
> >>
> >:-/
> >
> >gnomemeeting -d 4 should always debug output. I don't get it.
>
> Damien, I can see debug msgs now :-)
>
> I wiped out pwlib/openh323/gnomemeeting and recompiled/reinstalled and I
> can see debug msgs. I did something wrong earlier I guess.
>
> >>Or is there any video capture card, which works with gnomemeeting that I
> >>can go buy from a store right away.
> >
> >Logically, all of them, even yours. Let's hope Bill Dirks answers
> >something...
>
> Do you think I should try with cards which have v4l drivers instead of
> v4l2 drivers? Any card that you remember top off your head ??

v4l1 is deprecated and is scheduled for removal on July 2006. See
http://www.kernel.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=875c296b8ef42a796dc8db57a40b5e2228240c33;hp=9d4d9c05c807ab8a49ac0024987b223bb32c022d
for details.

Greetings,

Lurchi

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/