Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Failed compilation SOLVED

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 15:12, Damien Sandras wrote:

> > So I installed the SDL-devel files and ran autogen.sh once again.  This
> > time the autogen stage completed but when I ran make the compilation
> > stopped with the same error message as above-all the ldap stuff.
> >
> > Any further ideas?
>
> You have several versions of the same headers on the system...

My apologies to both you and Julien for failing to follow your advice.  As a
general rule I do not install packages I have compiled which I cannot convert
to rpm with checkinstall.  This case is a good example of the reason why.
For some reason I seem to have installed pwlib directly before creating the
rpm back in December.  And logically enough rpm did not know it existed.
Despite being certain that I didn't have another version loaded, I finally
got around to going through my filesystem and sure enough there was another
version.  Deleted that, recompiled and now everything is fine.  Finally there
appears to be a working program for Linux, with a solid means of
configuration, that works with both my usb camera microphone and soundcard.
Can't wait for the Windows version to appear for my children's use.  WELL
DONE.

I'd be happy to upload my rpms for the 4 programs for use by others if you can
provide an ftp upload address.

I noticed some time ago that you appeared to have done a video echo test, or
am I mistaken?  If so, could you provide me with an address.  I have just
done the audio echo test at 500.gnomemeeting.net and at 613 fwd pulver com
Both worked perfectly and I'd now like to check out video connections.

Merci beaucoup, monsieur

Allan

Allan