Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ekiga doesnt play well with openwengo

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 13:50 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> OpenWengo is supporting only H.263 for now. H.263 is patented, so we do
> not support it, and are supporting H.261 instead.
>
> So having no video is normal as we do not have common codecs.

Would it be possible to factor out the video codecs as plugins, so
someone else could implement plugins for H.263 (and H.264) and host them
separately. This model has worked well for gstreamer. In fact, is there
a reason why we don't just use gstreamer as the video plugin framework?
We could then leverage all sorts of video codecs, even ones not normally
used for video conferencing, like ogg/theora.

--

sig netdot net
Plead the First.