Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Suse 10.0 gnomemeeting crash

Le mardi 14 février 2006 à 22:44 +0000, Simon Vosper a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help? I am running Suse 10.0 with a Labtec Webcam Pro
> camera, using the spca5xx driver (20051212 version).
>
> I installed the version of gnomemeeting that came with the Suse 10.0
> distribution (1.2.2). When I start it, it works fine for a few seconds and
> the camera seems to work OK. Shortly after this a window pops up saying "The
> Application "gnomemeeting" has quit unexpectedly."
>
> Mostly, but not always I also get the following error in an xterm: "Xlib:
> unexpected async reply (sequence 0x....)"
>
> The webcam works more or less OK with xawtv (having said that I can get
> pictures and it seems stable, but I get the following displayed in an xterm:
> "v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
> ioctl: VIDIOCMCAPTURE(frame=0;height=144;width=176;format=7): Invalid
> argument"
>
> Also, if I unplug the camera and start gnomemeeting, I still get the same
> behaviour (i.e. it crashes after a few seconds).
>
> Can anyone help, please !??!!

I suggest you to try ekiga from ekiga.org. It is the next generation of
GnomeMeeting.
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net