[GnomeMeeting-list] Jitter Controls

I'm using Ekiga 1.99 (Beta 2). Occasionally I hear some audio jitter in
the dialog. This is especially true when there is system load or system
interrupts happening, such as when I flip desktop pages, or drag windows
around, or do some heavy disk I/O. I notice that in the Audio Codecs
config there are values to set minimum and maximum jitter buffers. They
default to 50 and 200 ms respectively. There is no description, though,
of what these values mean, or what effect on the operation of the
program changing these values might have. So my question is, what do
these do? And what should I change them to if I'm getting some jitter in
my calls?

--

sig netdot net
Plead the First.