Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Compiling opal - memory errors

Tylerious a écrit :
256 MB is all the RAM my motherboard can handle, believe it or not.
It's an older computer by about ten years. I watched `top` while
trying to compile again and noticed first that yes, my swap is being
used, and second that one cc1plus process was using up to 633m of
combined memory!

Opal is very hard on the memory requirements... I would say it is a side-effect of it being written in C++.

Can I just get a binary of OPAL and instructions somewhere on how to
link it correctly?

Don't take it as trollishly as it sounds, but http://www.debian.org and http://www.ubuntu.com are quite helpful.

Snark on #ekiga