Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] problem receiving audio

Hi,

On 4/11/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le samedi 08 avril 2006 à 13:12 +0200, Antonio a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using ekiga cvs on debian etch.
> >
> > Many times when I do a call i receive the audio with a very bad
> > quality (frequent gaps in the stream) at the point to render the
> > incoming voice not understandable. My voice is heard cleanly, and
> > other peoples how called me are heard cleanly with other people.
[cut]

> Try increasing the jitter buffer from 20 - 500 to 250 - 1000 and see if
> it makes a difference.

Done. I've done single call so far and the audio was clear. I'll
report if I'll have further problems in audio reception.

> > Attached there is the log of one of such conversation. I've not cutted
> > it, look at the tail for the conversation I'm referring to (it has
> > happened many times but this time I have captured the log).
> >

> Everything looks correct. Perhaps disable video and try with a codec
> like iLBC to see if it makes a difference. Also disable Silence
> Detection.

OK done.

> > I have another question, My bandwidth usage is  around 250kbps
> > incoming and 220 out-coming during a voice-only conversation. Is it
> > normal? The speex codec shouldn't use only 20kbps incoming and 20kps
> > out-coming? Or am I missing something?
> >

> That sounds a lot if you are using Speex...

Yes, I agree. Can ekiga use some bandwidth for video even if I dont
have a webcam but I have video enabled?

Many thanks for the tips.

Cheers,

  ~  Antonio