Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga issues with Netmeeting (no video from netmeeting), old GM work

Today I sat down and began the process of compiling Ekiga from source.  The
posts I've read are correct, there were many many many -devel RPMS I had to
install for MDK2006.0 (Mandriva 2006.0 Free).

I especially had problems with PWLIB.  Wow.  Apparently the version that
comes installed stock with MDK2006.0 is 1.8.7 or something, and I don't know
if there is something wrong with the .tar.gz provided on Ekiga.org, but it
took a lot of playing around to get Ekiga to compile. It would complain that
it could  not find PWLib, or that it needed newer than 1.8.7, even though I
used the sources... etc... arg.  I finally got it, ptlib-config --version
(or whatever) reports 1.10.0, and after doing '--no-avahi' (or whatever, not
100% off the top of my head), I got it to compile!  Yay!

So I start up Ekiga and... same thing I had before... NO video from Windows
Netmeeting.  Sound on both sides is 100%, and video FROM Ekiga is 100%.  But
NO video FROM Netmeeting.  In fact when I connect with Ekiga, it displays:

Connected with A B
Out: PCMU/H261
In: PCMU/

Which I think means that it is receiving no video?

Please help, as I am to deploy a few of these machines at my agency, and
I've already spent days playing with this.  The old version of GnomeMeeting
that comes stock with MDK2006.0 works fine, but I'd much rather have the new
Ekiga.

I will reply to this message again and post the contents of the debug when I
connect with another client.
Sent from the GnomeMeeting - General forum at Nabble.com.