Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga issues with Netmeeting (no video from netmeeting), old GM works

Le jeudi 06 avril 2006 à 18:54 -0700, Joe Thielen a écrit :

> During my testing (off-topic here, but may provide info for others in the
> future), I found that I had several issues with bad audio quality
> (SLOOOOOOOWWWW sound sometimes too... WEIRD).  I turned off echo
> cancellation and silence detection, and that seemed to solve it for good, as
> I recall.  Anyway...

It could be related to echo cancellation. It is still experimental and a
few people are having problems with it...

> I then made sure it wasn't Netmeeting giving me fits, so I had my WinXP
> laptop with NM hook into my WinXP desktop with NM (the one with the webcam),
> and it worked fine.  Arg!
>
> Finally, I decided to give GM 1.2.2 a try again.  It complained because the
> libraries were different, so I did a force upgrade with the libpw RPMs from
> the Mandriva RPMs.
>
> I now have GM 1.2.2 working just fine with NM.  But Ekiga won't go... due to
> the old libraries?

Yes most probably.

> Anyway, this is my plead for help :).  Do I need to try from source?  When
> rummaging around the mailing list (thank you Nabble!) I recall someone
> saying there are LOTS of -devel necessary to compile.  Does urpmi make this
> any easier?

It should be automatic with urpmi yes. But I am not used to Mandrake so
I can not say for sure.

Thanks for the email!
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net