Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] i am the bad guy

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:42:37 +0200
jean-michel <jeanmichel gens free fr> wrote:

> I am the bad guy who says
> that the adress book functionality has nothing to do in ekiga
> i think that ekiga has not to be a hudge program which want to do to
> do every thing
The addressbook functionality is not in Ekiga, it's in Evolution. Ekiga
just uses it. I understand what you mean, but I just remembered I would
throw my GSM phone away if it would force me to remember the phone
numbers of my 100+ contacts myself.

> of course b:
That violates my understanding of "dektop integration", but it is a
valid opinion of course. But a private AnyApp-addressbook raises the
usual need of double work.
(Not directly related to this): That's also the usual argument pro LDAP:
One directory for all your data, the query decides if it's an
addressbook or a user database for an operating system.

> or maybe ekiga wants to be the first in the number of used shared
> libraries
I don't understand. Could you rephrase that please?

> I know  a lot of gnomemeeting users  ...
> not in the mailing list and some don't use  anymore ekiga
> but  i still communicate with them
They have their reasons, I guess. Mind to share some of them?

J.

--
God is real... unless declared as integer.