Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Interest for GM 2.00

First - I'd like to thank the GM team for its dedication over many years to
break new ground in the field of VoIP and remote access between Linux
and Windows for the Open Source world.

On 12/1/05, Stefan Bruens <lurch gmx li> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2005 13:30 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> I think the feature GM has lacked most in the past was the possibility to find
> a working solution to talk with persons on other operating systems. I don't

My personal take for why I use Skype today instead of GM is simply that
Skype is so easy to setup and use - no firewall port forwarding to hack with,
simple interface that even my mom could use once I installed the client for her,
and one big advantage is that Skype's audio quality is superb.

What I miss now even in Skype (and the reason I startted looking at GM again)
is video-conferencing (or even being able to stream webcams between two
clients, one of them linux and the other windows, while using Skype for audio).

If GM can put these goals on its sights and get there, using any kind of
open standard and/or open-source components from other projects, then
I think it has a chance to compete in this market.

Cheers,

--Amos
--
"[a grizzly] can tear through a tree like a Jewish
mother through self-esteem."           - The Simpsons