Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: sound does not work

Lynda Metref a écrit :
My problem is when I run the config assistant and test my sound card, it record and play nothing... As in the FAQ it's written than a possibility of failure was a non fullduplex sound card, but mine is quite new (it's an intel sound chipset on a dell latitude D610: Intel AC’97 with Sigmatel STAC9750/51 and I use Ubuntu Breezy).

I think I have something like this on my laptop (it's in for repair so I can't check), and it works ok.

I choose the ALSA driver and killed esd...

This is what I always use.

Recording works on skype (using /dev/dsp) so the driver works at least a little bit

/dev/dsp is OSS.

I think you should run alsamixer in a console and check something crucial isn't muted or zero-volumed... ALSA's defaults just suck.

Snark on #gnomemeeting