Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Getting the ILS address-list

Le lundi 23 mai 2005 à 14:46 +0200, Claudio Ochoa a écrit :
> Damien, what would be the alternative to ILS if I want to use
> Gnomemeeting in a working environment where we want to call people
> without knowing their IPs?

The real alternative, and the cleanest approach is to use a gatekeeper
like GNU GK. Then you just need to know the alias of the person to call
him.

You can also have an LDAP server with all the people registered to the
gatekeeper.

ILS is not a clean approach, the approach described here is the clean
one. I suggest you to look at GNU GK (www.gnugk.org). You can also use
an LDAP backend for authentication.