Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] problems with gnomemeeting 1.2.1 and netmeeting on xp

Le mercredi 30 mars 2005 à 11:06 +0200, Damien Sandras a écrit :
>Le mardi 29 mars 2005 à 18:08 -0800, John H. a écrit :
>>ok, first off, despite forwarding tcp 1720, udp
>>5000-50003, tcp 3000-30010, but STILL had to use DMZ
>>for netmeeting person to establish connection.
>>
>Well, you need to forward other ports than those ones. Please read the
>FAQ.

I'll summarize the FAQ here :
- First, without forwarding and without, run the druid test
- Make sure that "ping stun.voxgratia.org" pings IP 83.103.82.85
- If the result of the Druid is "Symmetric NAT", forward the ports given
in the FAQ (gatekeeper port range, rtp port range, 1720, tcp port
range).
- If the result of the druid is any other type, forward ONLY the TCP
port range and 1720 as you want to receive calls from Netmeeting), and
run the druid test again, it should report CONE NAT.
- Enable STUN support

That's all. If it doesn't work, we need the results for each of the
steps above.

>>In addition, I have a usb mic, and gnomemeeting
>>selects it to use in audio input, but the other person
>>cannot hear me, but I can usually hear them.
>>

>Again, that kind of problem is described in the FAQ with solutions.

The thing is: have you run the druid test and heard yourself with a
delay of 5 seconds?
If yes, then you are correctly configured and the remote has a problem,
either no common codec (watch the general history), or NAT problems.

If not, then most probably you have to play with mixer settings.

In any case, I would strongly suggest to use MyPhone (myphone.sf.net)
instead of netmeeting on the windows side. Netmeeting is unconfigurable
behind NAT.