Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GnomeMeeting Question/Suggestion

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le lundi 25 juillet 2005 à 12:44 +0300, Johnny Strom a écrit :

reverse-engineering is not illegal but yes difficult to achieve.

I'm not sure how they would react at skype ;)

Well a lot is made possible in Linux trough
reverse-engineering.

From wikipedia:

"Reverse engineering software or hardware systems for the purposes of interoperability, for example in order to support undocumented file formats or hardware peripherals, is mostly believed to be legal, though patent owners often aggressively pursue their patents."

I saw a paper of someone that have analyzed the skype protocol.

It is an analysis of the behavior, ie how the protocol works in the
great lines.

Yes :)