Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: suse 9.1 and GM 1.2

Hi Bernard,

lambert Bernard wrote:
But 1) I have downgraded GM to 1.0 tired by so much problems
2°) I have try to post how to install GM 1.2 on Suse 9.1 because when i do that for the first time (and wil ALL the packages from the GM web site I got a lot of problems , packages should be install in a special order AND some should be removed and nor upgr&der with the classe rpm -Uvh command

may be I am wrong ? coud you in this case write and how to update GM ?
regards

a quick guide  to install gnomemeeting:

1)To be sure the system has state zero, uninstall pwlib, pwlib-plugins-*, openh323 (and pwlib-devel,
openh323-devel, if installed!) and gnomemeeting with rpm -e.

2)Install the gnome2.6 packages found in the supplementary/9.1/GNOME2 dir of suse's ftp server, then install the howl, libsoup and evolution-data-server rpms provided on gnomemeeting.org

3)Afterwards install the packages with rpm -i pwlib-1.8.3 -1.i586.rpm openh323-1.15.2-1.i586.rpm gnomemeeting-1.2.0.-1.i586.rpm provided on gnomemeeting.org

This should work.
If you' re having problems mail the error messages and come to #gnomemeeting for help

Regards,
Iason