Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] fresh new CVS snaps =)

Hello all:
I am new to this list. I had a nice surprise to know yesterday, of the new features for gm, SIP! I've been trying installing all those soft phones mentioned on Linux (except the ones with wine) and really there's nothing I've liked.
Is there anything I could help with to speed up the testing?

iLBC is the codec of my preference since it works great on slow connections.

Cheers,
Carlos

==

daniel huhardeaux wrote:

michel memeteau a écrit :

you are gonna laugh , it s even worst than that , I think they only have G711 or maybe GSM , for the moment when I call in an australian PSTN ( it s unlimited free ) it s using G711 , so it could be impossible for a dialup to call PSTN .... By the way I don t understand why they dont use an open IPBX as they are the guy from Linspire and phongaim and stuff ..... and they proned opening SIP
devices against vonage....

A lot of people have asked on their forum but no reason was given .....

BTW , could you point me to other SIP clients ??? Xlite on linux is really
Hmmh, I find it more and more stable. If you don't want to use the linux version, run the windows one with wine, works great, specially with KDE. You also have SjPhone: simple but working.

if you have a SIP service using speex or ILBC (FWD ??)
FWD is only g711. Try sipgate or sipphone