Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] fresh new CVS snaps =)

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 14:55 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:

> I only know kphone, linphone, phonegaim and ... GnomeMeeting.

There's also SJPhone for linux, but it has it's flaws too:
* no dial pad (i.e. not dtmf during calls)
* some latency, depending on your soundcard (driver)

Apart from that, in terms of audio quality etc. it's the best
linux sip phone I've encountered so far, and besides GM the
only softphone I'd currently recommend.

Regards, Bruno.

PS: You can run asterisk as a softphone too (chan_oss resp.
chan_alsa), latency is very small, audio quality medium
but functionality pretty limited. Also, the mentioned chans
don't release the sound device between calls, which too
limits their usefulness.