Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Setup question

Am Sonntag, 6. Februar 2005 19:45 schrieb Damien Sandras:

> Yes, you can edit the GConf key :
> gconftool-2
> --set /apps/gnomemeeting/protocols/h323/call_forwarding/forward_host
> 111.222.333.444 --type=string

Debian has 1.0 in its testing and unstable branch, 1.2 is only in
experimental:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnomemeeting.html

I guess I most likely need

$ gconftool-2
--set /apps/gnomemeeting/protocols/h323/call_forwarding/always_forward true
--type=bool

(and switching it off again)

Do you see anything which should make me upgrading to 1.2 ASAP. Switching to
the experimental package means loosing all kind of security updates, etc.

> For version 1.2, no need to restart GnomeMeeting, it will be taken into
> account immediately.

Very cool! Just noticed that this also works for 1.0

> Another possibility would be to signup for a free dynamic DNS account :
> http://www.dyndns.org and use the dynamic DNS name.

Agreed. As mentioned above, I probably need to switch off and on forwarding.

Many thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch