Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Wideband CODECs?

Le vendredi 04 février 2005 à 22:22 +0100, Christian Morales Vega a
écrit :
> Skype users say me they have better audio quality thanks to the use of
> iSAC, a wideband CODEC.
> Exist the possibility to use this CODEC with Gnomemeeting? Perhaps
> another one? Why Speex is limited to narrowband in Gnomemeeting?

If you are using CVS version of GnomeMeeting with CVS version of
Openh323 you can use the Speex Wideband codec. It is not in 1.2.0 and
won't be in 1.2.1 because it requires GUI changes: users will think we
only provide Speex support as there are so many versions available :)

In 2.00 you will have speex wideband support :)

About iSAC, I think it is a commercial codec. I would say quality is
good with Skype because it is audio-only. If you use audio-only with
GnomeMeeting and a codec without compression like G.711 you will have
*better* quality than with Skype, and less latency as you don't have an
intermediary endpoint to route the streams like it is the case with
Skype.