Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting+speex+gnomemeeting-1.2.0

Le mercredi 02 février 2005 à 18:55 +0100, Konrad Karl a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am running against a wall with netmeeting 3.01 on XP +
> meetspeex <-> gnomemeeting-1.2.0 on Fedora FC3:
>
> I am unable to get both sides to use at least one of
> the low bandwidth speex codecs (i already played a lot
> around with meetspeex rearranging/enabling/disabling codecs).
>
> gnomemeeting happily transmits to netmeeting using speexw 8kHz
> (audio gets actually through), but netmeeting transmit either uses the
> uncompressed G711 codecs (too much bandwidth), MS-GSM if I
> enable it (bad audio quality) or nothing if I am allowing
> only speex at gmomemeeting. (speexw and all others tried)
>
> Is there anybody who has solved the puzzle or is it
> unsolvable? I am interested in audio only at the moment but
> this can change easily :-)

Have you checked the FAQ on voxgratia.org? they have a short howto. I
would say that Speex is not installed correctly on the netmeeting side.

> Regards,
>
> Konrad
>
> PS: I second the question about the gnomemeeting on windows
>     status question. Is there anything to start with?

Unfortunately not...

>     What are the major problems expected?

A very long compilation time. Except that, it should work.

> PPS: anybody tried getting a DV camcorder (ieee1394) to
>      work with gnomemeeting?

It is supposed to work :)