Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] loopback address

Le vendredi 23 décembre 2005 à 09:51 -0700, Anthony DeNardo a écrit :
> we have set up an ethereal trace between two FC4 boxes, one which
> registers with the gatekeeper, and mine that does not.  the difference
> seems to be that when I make my gatekeeper request, I send two IP
> addresses...my loopback address, and my eth0 IP.....  the other guy's
> gatekeeper request includes only his eth0 address.

Indeed! And your gatekeeper is limited to one IP address, the first it
receives.

> so, my question is: what function/command is being used to query my
> network interfaces, that could be gathering two interfaces to send with
> my gatekeeper registration request?

If you issue ifconfig, does the result look similar to your colleagues'
machine?

> other guy's gatekeeper request from Ethereal: snapshot attached
> my gatekeeper request from Ethereal: snapshot attached

In 2.00, I'll try to limit this kind of thing to one interface only. But
still it is a bug on your gatekeeper. It should be able to register item
1.

> thanks!
> ad3

(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net