Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Echo Severe Problem

Le dimanche 18 décembre 2005 à 15:23 +0000, Paulo Jorge Matos a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After getting GM to work I'm having a severe problem with echo. After
> I say something I hear my echo clearly. It almost seems my computer is
> repeating what I say but with some delay. The  problem is that it
> makes it difficult to hear my girlfriend on the other end. We are both
> using headsets. I though it could be about any ALSA mixer thing but
> could find a solution to the problem. Any ideas on this?

GM 2.00 has an echo canceller. The echo is generated by the remote end,
ie your girlfriend.

However, if both of you are using headset, I would suggest replacing it.
Such echo is given by some bad quality headsets.

> Currently I'm using h323: which as far as I could understand is a
> protocol. I have never used a VoIP before so please bear with me. It
> seems there also something called SIP which afaik  GM also supports.
> Which one is better? Should I keep using h323 or should I change? What
> do I need to do to change? Any comments would be appreciated.

None of them will fix the echo problem.

(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net