Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Worry about this?

On 17/12/05, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Le samedi 17 décembre 2005 à 17:45 +0000, Paulo Jorge Matos a écrit :
>
> > OK, so it seems I won't give up on GM.
>
> :-)
>
> > I've went to the preferences and tried to change devices. I have a
> > on-board sound card which shows up as:
> > Intel 82801CA-ICH3
> > and I have a USB Headset which also shows up. Well, I tried to setup
> > my card as both input and output device. Didn't work, since it said:
> > "Could not open audio channel for audio reception. An error occured
> > while trying to play audio to the soundcard for audio reception.
> > Please check that your soundcard..."
> >

> Funny. Perhaps it is really busy due to another process accessing it?
> What were your settings during the first tests?

With the first tests I was always using usb headset for both output and input.

> > Ok, so I tried to use soundcard for output and headset for input and
> > guess what... it worked!
> > but guess what... it only works the first time! If you try that for a
> > second time I get the message I got before. Only restarting gnome
> > meeting will make is work again.
>
> Mmmh.
>
> > Now, I've heard about a problem with usb-audio in the kernel 2.6.14.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Do you know if this might affect me? The strange thing is... it works
> > ok in the druid... :-|
> >

> Not sure about that. The error message is about the Intel card, not the
> USB headset.

Indeed, but the problem with not receiving in the usb device might be
about that.
I'm recompiling the kernel, let you know what happens next.

Thanks a lot... :)

I hope we will still be able to solve this! Hope is not lost!

Paulo Matos