Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Worry about this?

On 17/12/05, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Le samedi 17 décembre 2005 à 16:17 +0000, Paulo Jorge Matos a écrit :
> > On 17/12/05, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> > > Can you disable automatic IP checking?
> > > (see the news on gm.org)
> > >

> > Solved the stats problem. Still, each time I start a call audio levels
> > are at minimum but changing that doesn't help.
> > Stats shot is:
> > http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm/archives/gm-stats-ok-no-sound.png
>
> It just confirms you transmit and receive. The fact that the sliders are
> not update is another weirdness.

OK, so it seems I won't give up on GM.
I've went to the preferences and tried to change devices. I have a
on-board sound card which shows up as:
Intel 82801CA-ICH3
and I have a USB Headset which also shows up. Well, I tried to setup
my card as both input and output device. Didn't work, since it said:
"Could not open audio channel for audio reception. An error occured
while trying to play audio to the soundcard for audio reception.
Please check that your soundcard..."

Ok, so I tried to use soundcard for output and headset for input and
guess what... it worked!
but guess what... it only works the first time! If you try that for a
second time I get the message I got before. Only restarting gnome
meeting will make is work again.
Now, I've heard about a problem with usb-audio in the kernel 2.6.14.
Do you know if this might affect me? The strange thing is... it works
ok in the druid... :-|

Oh, well, I'll be compiling kernel 2.6.13 and try that.

If you get suspicious about anything with this new info please let me
know. Thanks,

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm