Re: Better Video Codecs - was Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ideas..

Le jeudi 08 décembre 2005 à 15:47 +0000, JGJones a écrit :
> "Indeed, and OpenH323 has support for H.263 through FFMPEG."
>
> I'm a little confused. One of the main videoconf client I make calls to
> are DLink DVC-1000.
>
> They only support H.263 for video's (not H.261 or H.264)
>
> Yet everytime I call them I am unable to see their video, nor they are
> able to see my video because they're using H.263 and GnomeMeeting (via
> OpenH323 doesn't have H.263 - as far as I can see from OpenH323's page
> is that they only do H.261 and no higher for video?

There is a patch for H.263. However, I have never integrated the patch
in GnomeMeeting because of the patents issue.

However, if you are ready to compile GnomeMeeting/PWLIB/OPAL yourself,
I'm ready to help you doing it with H.263....

(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net