Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] aclocal-headache

Hello,

Le dimanche 10 avril 2005 à 18:16 +0600, onelektra a écrit :
> Hello List -
>
> I have trouble compiling gnomemeeting-cvs downloaded from cvs three days
> ago.
>
> ./autogen.sh: line 1: aclocal-1.7: command not found
> Checking for required M4 macros...
>    libtool.m4 not found
>    glib-gettext.m4 not found
>    intltool.m4 not found
>    pkg.m4 not found
> Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
> ***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build gnomemeeting
>    were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
>    macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
>    ACLOCAL_PATH?
>
> I have double-checked the ACLOCAL_PATH. That is fine. I have all the
> macros mentioned in place.
>
> I'm using aclocal-1.9 - is it mandatory that I downgrade aclocal to 1.7
> in order to compile gnomemeeting-cvs? So far my environment worked very
> well to compile any kind of software. Compiling gnomemeeting 1.2.1
> worked flawlessly.

I'm not sure it is a GM problem, I think you have to upgrade your
gnome-common package which contains autogen.sh. However, I'm not sure.

You could also try to edit autogen.sh and change the 1.7 into 1.9 and
see if it works. Perhaps that will be enough.