Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 3.00: a poll, please contribute

--- Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To make sure everyone understands,   the purpose of the former
> discussion is to determine a few things :
>
> 1)
> Should the UI stay the same, or be changed? There is a proposition in an
> earlier mail.

  I personally like the UI. It's simple, straight-forward, and looks damn
good...keep it the same, is my vote.

> 2)
> should we stay a softphone with only SIP instant messenging, and nothing
> else?
> OR
> should we have jabber support and become that way a softphone with IM
> capabilities?
> OR
> should we stay a softphone and put our efforts into integration as an
> EXTERNAL component with Jabber clients?

  Haven't a clue what 'softphone' is, nor do I use Jabber (might check it out
though now, heh).

> 3)
> What's your profile? Softphone user or chatter?

  I chat (if you mean IM) a little here and there. With dial-up, GM isn't real
great for sending/receiving pictures as I talk, but that hasn't stopped me
from using it anyway. I guess I'm a bit of both then.

> 4)
> If an MSN client was made available for Linux, would you still use
> GnomeMeeting and why?

  Hell yes I'd still use GM! MSN is a mess, it's difficult to use, it's buggy,
it's full of idiots, etc.

> Would new users use the MSN client or GnomeMeeting?

  New Linux users? I'd say they'd use GM, simply for the fact that when I
personally switched over to Linux 5 years ago, I did it because I wanted to
literally forget *everything* to do with M$. I wanted to use apps that folks
had worked hard on that were made strictly/semi-strictly for Linux users. I
guess I'm hoping that new Linux users want to do the same thing, my way of
projecting I suppose, heh.

  John B